Anchored by a deep understanding and appreciation of our Constitution, Justice Bill Boyce has earned a reputation for thorough preparation and decisiveness during ten years on the 14th Court of Appeals.
Before his appointment in December 2007, this honors graduate of Northwestern University and Northwestern University School of Law brought nearly two decades of legal experience to the appellate bench after working as an associate and partner at Houston-based Fulbright & Jaworski L.L.P. He argued more than 60 appellate cases across Texas and throughout the United States, including a winning appearance in the Supreme Court of the United States. The late Justice Antonin Scalia wrote the majority opinion in favor of Justice Boyce’s client.
Chosen as the Appellate Judge of the Year, Justice Boyce is serious, analytic, and hardworking. One word describes him above all others: Respected.
- 10 years on the bench of the 14th Court of Appeals
- 18 years in private practice at one of the nation’s largest law firms
- Argued more than 60 appellate cases across Texas and America
- Presented oral argument to the Supreme Court of the United States and prevailed
- Named Appellate Justice of the Year
- Member of the Supreme Court Advisory Committee
- Adjunct Faculty Member of the University of Houston Law Center